We're looking for an experienced Product Manager to join our team.
With a small group of people, we're building Blendle. And that's nice, because each and every small change is noticed by tens of thousands of users instantly (and counting).
Our ultimate goal? To provide a seamless and fantastic user experience for journalism. We believe a combination of stories that change your perspective on what's going on and butter-smooth apps will help people to look at the world differently.
We have a second goal: build an organization that helps people grow in their skills. You can read more on how we do this in our public handbook. This is why we spend a ton of time on coaching and feedback within Blendle. We'll help you set audacious goals and grow new skills.
At Blendle, we currently have two product teams working on all aspects of Blendle (like our award winning native apps, our recommendation engine and a collection of services to tie everything together). Each team consists of a bunch of crazy-smart people who are working together to build the best possible products (like our latest brainchild Blendle Audio).
To make sure we’re building the right things, each team has a product manager who works with them to figure out where to go next. Together with your team, you decide on new features, you ship them as experiments and help make good, grounded decisions based on data and research. But it all comes down to building the best version of our apps we’ve ever had.
We are looking for a brilliant Product Manager who is going to join our team and takes charge of one of the parts of Blendle. In the last 2 years, we have built award-winning apps that were featured on the Apple App Store and all kinds of websites. We've also been building a rock-solid infrastructure, added audio (built a studio, a complete audio CMS, API's and listening support in our apps) and have been investing a lot in our data science department. We’re super proud of what we have achieved so far, but to take it to the next level we're looking for someone with hands-on product experience under their belt to help us move things forward.
So to summarize, here's what you'll be doing:
- Take charge of one of our cross-functional teams working on features for our +1.5m users worldwide
- Form a solid vision for the part of the product you'll be responsible for
- Work directly with a team of multidisciplinary developers to execute your vision
- Monitor usage, interview users, explore the data and decide on the next actions based on your learnings
This might be a great job for you if:
- You can see yourself in at least 15 of the 21 signs on this list
- You have extensive experience with shipping at least one complex product (but preferably more) to production
- You’re the type of person who cancels their date to watch the [Apple Keynote/Google IO/Microsoft Build] event (or drag your boy/girlfriend along)
- You are a strong organizer
- You have a passion for beautiful software and great products
- Running AB tests is not something you only wished you could do some time in the future, but actually have experience with
- You are able to translate hard and complex things into a simple story
- You seek collaboration and are just a really nice and awesome person to work with
But why would you give up your current (probably also very nice) job? Good question. Four reasons why:
1. Blendle fulfils an important task
Journalism is a vital component of any society, but even the greatest newspapers and magazines continuously show a decrease in sales. Blendle offers a new revenue stream which will help ensure the continuity of great journalism.
2. People pay us because we spend so much time on crafting a better user experience for reading and listening. Which makes your job a nice job, because you get to spend your time on building exactly that: the very best product you can think of
And that product is enjoyed by over 1 million users worldwide.